Friday, March 23, 2007

Mexican Party

So at the end of the Pi party last week, I was told to organize the next event and soon.

Dio gave me the idea of us all cooking a big meal and then watching movies. I really liked this idea and it seemed to fly well. Over the course of the week though tings changed. The cooking of the meal is still on, but the movie trashed. This is a shame since I could expose people to awesome movies they normally wouldn't. Oh well, their loss. So mexican is the theme complete with margaritas.

6 comments:

Greg said...

What kind of movies were you guys gonna watch?

Geoffrey said...

To stay in the theme of things, Graham suggested Desperado. But I hadn't really thought it through since the movie got cancelled before I came up with one. Maybe Station Agent, The Machinist, or something along those lines.

Unknown said...

I think watching movies is a waste of hanging out time anyway, since you don't actually interact with other people when you're watching anyway. Food should be fun. Is this at your place?

Geoffrey said...

it's relaxing to watch a movie. Plus you can get people's thoughts and comments.

And Hell no it's not at my place. My kitchen is barely big enough for two people. We're going to have quite a few people, so we need a big kitchen.

Greg said...

But some people don't like when other people talk during movies. I find watching movies with several people stressful.

Geoffrey said...

you make a good point. But I am not one to be a hater of a person making the occasional comment. I am however a hater of some who says stupid things throughout the whole movie. Or is too drunk to shut up.