Friday, March 16, 2007

Bilk experimetns part deux

So I actually did this last weekend, but I've had a crazy week. This time milk was added to two kinds of my homebrew.

First up- the wheat beer:
This gave Guinness and milk a run for it's money in the worst combo of beer and milk. I mean it looks like weak chocolate milk. Weak chocolate milk is the worst. It's not chocolate milk and it's not regular milk. It's like a nasty combo of both. This sums up the mixture of this beer and milk.

Next up my Irish Stout:

So you're probably thinking, well if Guinness is bad with milk, why would your stout be any different? Suprisingly, it was actually kinda tasty. My stout, being the best beer I make, can be a bit strong. The milk cuts the harshness so even novice beer drinkers can stomach it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures confused me for a bit, since it looks like you're mixing Coke Zero with beer instead of milk with beer. Eventually, I remembered that that's where you keep the home brew, but you might want to explain to your readers :)

Jerry Hinnen said...

Have to say I was a touch confused as well.

Also that I'm disappointed the Guiness/milk thing didn't work out better. I feel like I ought to like drinking Guiness better, but (blasphemy, I know) it always feels like an effort. I'm too lazy for Guiness.

Geoffrey said...

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not one of those people that enforce my beer opinions on people. I wouldn't shun you for not liking Guinness. I know that it's not for everyone. Some people are happy with Bud Light, and I'm fine with that. For me though, I just need more taste in my beer.