Monday, May 7, 2007

Moving Day

So on Saturday I helped Amanda and Leslie move. They lived on the third floor of a house with very narrow and twisty stairs, so getting heavy and large objects out was not the easiest. Luckily for us they were moving to the first floor. There were only three grunt wokers and the five supervisors. Dio, myself, and Ryan (Leslie's brother-in-law) were the grunts. A fourth guy would have been REALLY helpful, but hey what's done is done. It was the most organized and prepared moved I've done in a LONG time. People weren't sitting there still packing boxes as we were lugging things away. Everything was ready to go. We took our payment in pizza and beer. Had a slice of potato pizza. That thing is really heavy. My arms are still a little sore this morning (since I'm out of shape), but my legs never hurt....not even my knees which amazes me. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Moving sucks. I hope not to do it again for a very long time.

Geoffrey said...

Me too. Though I will have to move once I'm done, but hopefully my new job will pay for me to move.